HOW SHOCK WAVE THERAPY HEALS DAMAGED TISSUE (A.K.A. REGENERATION)
Stimulates the healing process by transmitting energy thru the tissue to Increase metabolization at the cellular level which stimulates mitochondria and the release of ATP (cellular energy)
- Rapidly increases blood flow to the injured area by enhanced expression of growth factors and nitric oxide.
- Creates new blood supply to the injured area on the body (neovascularization)
- Produces growth of existing blood supply (angiogenesis)
- Reduces pain in the body (reduces Substance P which causes pain)
- Regenerates muscle tissue and nerve tissue (by enhanced expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen, recruitment/activation of stem cells)
- Drastically reduces inflammation (anti-inflammatory)
- Improves wound healing
To learn more about how Shock Wave Therapy at Ultimate Medical Group can help you with pain management, please call us today for a free consultation at (630) 778-9047.